Nothing beats the aroma of outdoor cooking – a place where food, flames, and good conversation come together.
The festive season is a great time to indulge in summer, with the Escea EK Series Outdoor Kitchen as your professional companion for cooking up a storm to feed friends and family.
You will need
- Silver Fern Farms Flat Iron Steaks 500g
- Asparagus 1 Bunch
- Mayonnaise 100g
- Rocket 100g
- Salt & Pepper To taste
- Rosemary Handfull
- Lemon 1
- Sliced almonds 25g
Set it up on the EK
- Season steaks generously and allow to bloom. Remove woody ends of asparagus, season with salt and pepper then drizzle with olive oil.
- Roughly chop rocket, mix with mayonnaise and season.
- On the flat plate, toast almonds, season with salt and set aside.
- Char asparagus on the grill until semi-soft, brushing with rosemary and olive oil. Toast rosemary sticks on the grill.
- At the same time, cook steaks on the flat plate or grill turning just once or twice until medium-rare, then rest.
- Place asparagus on a plate with sliced steaks on top, drizzle with rocket mayonnaise, almonds, and torn pieces of toasted rosemary. Finish with a squeeze of lemon juice and season. Enjoy
From the Chef
"Make sure you season the meat generously, and add even more before it hits the grill to avoid it drying out."