Winter Warmers – 16 must haves to warm your home for the cooler months
A new season brings with it all kinds of changes. In winter, late sunrises and early sunsets, crisp mornings and cosy evenings rugged up by the fireside with our favourite people.
Outside might be a bit cold and dreary – but inside definitely doesn’t have to be. In fact, as winter beckons us inside, it’s important that we fill our homes with things nourish our souls and make us feel warm.
Bold colours, tactile materials, playful patterns and carefully curated, pieces of art and culture that engage the senses are all things that can bring warmth into our homes in the cooler months.
It’s not always easy to pull off such an eclectic collection of what might seem like contrasting styles, often it requires just the right balance of bravery and constraint.
From rich crushed velvet sofas with art deco curves, to playful art prints paired with unexpected shapes – like the MODE corner fireplace –we’ve put together some standout items from some of our favourite Australian and New Zealand design stores.
- Forestry Wool Blanket – Sunday Home Store
- Villa Cushion – Oliver Birch
- Hourglass Fluted Vase - Gingerfinch
- Coffee table book – Andy Warhol Polaroids – Dandie Store
- Art Print – Still Waiting – Design Stuff
- Carson Curve Daybed Sofa – Living by Design
- Art Print ‘Shadow Play – Octavia Tomyn
- Bell Coffee Table - Matisse
- Ascot Chair – CC Interiors
- 16 Arm Taupe Chandelier – Oliver Birch
- Bjorn Arch Floor Mirror – Alex and Corban
- MODE Corner Gas Fire – Stoke Fireplace Studio
- Ava Cushion – Aqua – Alex and Corban
- Oblong Loop Lamp – Forth Street
- Fountain Brass Candle Holder – Gingerfinch
- Montreal SOFA – David Shaw