A new season brings with it all kinds of changes. In winter, late sunrises and early sunsets, crisp mornings and cosy evenings rugged up by the fireside with our favourite people.
Outside might be a bit cold and dreary – but inside definitely doesn’t have to be. In fact, as winter beckons us inside, it’s important that we fill our homes with things nourish our souls and make us feel warm.
Bold colours, tactile materials, playful patterns and carefully curated, pieces of art and culture that engage the senses are all things that can bring warmth into our homes in the cooler months.
It’s not always easy to pull off such an eclectic collection of what might seem like contrasting styles, often it requires just the right balance of bravery and constraint.
From rich crushed velvet sofas with art deco curves, to playful art prints paired with unexpected shapes – like the MODE corner fireplace –we’ve put together some standout items from some of our favourite Australian and New Zealand design stores.
1. Forestry Wool Blanket – Sunday Home Store
2. Villa Cushion – Oliver Birch
3. Hourglass Fluted Vase - Gingerfinch
4. Coffee table book – Andy Warhol Polaroids – Dandie Store
5. Art Print – Still Waiting – Design Stuff
6. Carson Curve Daybed Sofa – Living by Design
7. Art Print ‘Shadow Play – Octavia Tomyn
8. Bell Coffee Table - Matisse
9. Ascot Chair – CC Interiors
10. 16 Arm Taupe Chandelier – Oliver Birch
11. Bjorn Arch Floor Mirror – Alex and Corban
12. MODE Corner Gas Fire – Stoke Fireplace Studio
13. Ava Cushion – Aqua – Alex and Corban
14. Oblong Loop Lamp – Forth Street
15. Fountain Brass Candle Holder – Gingerfinch
16. Montreal SOFA – David Shaw