Another summer at home is before us and while we may not have been able to jett-set off to any exotic lands far, far away – there’s no reason we can’t bring a little bit of Europe to our backyards.
Nothing says European summer like al fresco dining, beautiful table settings, candlelit nights, and delicious food and wine.
Whether you’re dreaming of a long lunch at a 16th century chateau, gazing over the cascading vines of Bordeaux wine country; or you’re pining for a sunset aperitif overlooking the dramatic cliffs of the Amalfi Coast, followed by fresh, flame-grilled seafood.
We may not be dusting off the passports just yet, but there’s nothing stopping you from taking inspiration from Europe’s sexiest holiday destinations and creating a space in your own backyard that feels like a never-ending holiday.
Again, we’ve trawled only the best Australian and New Zealand designer homeware stores - so you don’t have to.
Long Lunch in Bordeaux, South of France
1. Riedel Pinot Noir Glass | Smith and Caugheys
2. Hardwood Picnic Table, Industrial | Vorsen
3. Nel Lusso Santos Cheese Knife | Allumini Interiors
4. Paris antique salt mill | Smith and Caugheys
5. Lune by The Wood People, Cheese Board | Cranmore
6. Bordallo Pinheiro Aubergine Platter | Allumini Interiors
7. Brass wine bucket | CC Interiors
8. Escea EK Outdoor Fireplace Studio | Stoke Fireplace Studio
9. Trulli Bottle | Tesutti
10. Paloma Jedeaux Chair | Living By Design
11. Totum Candle Terracotta | Indefinite Definite
Aperitivo on the Amalfi Coast of Italy
1. Mosaic Tile Outdoor Dining Table | Cargo Lane
2. Escea gas fireplace | Stoke Fireplace Studio
3. Pols Potten Bubbles and Bottles | Bob and Friends
4. Arrow Chair | Vorsen
5. Pizza Peel, slate | Smith and Caugheys
6. Mila Wine Glass | Amara
7. Ultima Thule Gass Tumblers |Amara
8. Versallies Maze Vase | Smith and Caugheys
9. 9. Naple Serving Spoon | Tesutti
10. Isla in Bloom Beach Towel |Cranmore
11. Apple plate | Tessuti
12. Rattan Bar Cart | Inspiry